So, I know that this isn’t a beauty blog, but before interiors were my main passion/obsession, make-up was, and it occurred to me the other day that there a number of products that I have repurchased too many times to count and wouldn’t change for anything else. So, that must be a sure sign that these are my holy-grail, top products, fail safe, go-to, and any other phrase you can think of, and I thought why not make a post and share them.
- First up is the Porefessional by Benefit, I actually did my work experience years ago at the Benefit counter and had the best time, I love the whole quirkiness of the brand so when this came out I tried it out and have never looked back. It not only helps to mattify my t-zone which can become shiny throughout the day, but completely smooths and minimises my pores and makes my skin look amazing. Even if I’m having a really good skin day or no-makeup makeup day, I’ll always put some of this on and a bit of concealer on redness and under the eyes.
2) Next is something which I feel you have to experience to understand the full effect, as upon explanation you would be forgiven for thinking that it’s a ridiculously overpriced spray bottle of water. It’s not, (although I couldn’t tell you exactly what is in it) but I always spray my face with MAC’s Fix + after finishing my makeup and it literally makes everything look better and makes it ‘come to life’ if you get what I mean. It helps your makeup to stay all day, look more youthful and dewy, make your highlighter pop and make all your powders and foundation really look like part of your skin.
3) Like most, I’ve tried so many mascaras over the years all the way from high end to some very questionable £1 ones. Maybelline the Falsies is the one that I have repurchased so many times and just works. It doesn’t flake, smudge, smear, it lengthens, volumes, holds a curl and is only £7.99. What more could you want?
4) Another Benefit product, but for very good reason which is why it’s cult for so many, is Hoola bronzer. I love it because it really is the perfect shade for my skin tone – to not only use all over the face as a bronzer, but also to contour, it’s not too warm or too cool, isn’t muddy, blends beautifully and is very build-able. Plus it lasts forever and as it’s already basically a 2-in-1, it’s definitely worth the £24.50 price tag.
5) Last one up is probably the only makeup product that I’ve ever tried that’s made me actually go “WOW”. The Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz is by far the best brow product I’ve ever tried. The tip of the pencil is so fine it really allows you to super precisely draw on brow hairs and make them look natural. You can really go to town on your brows and because of the super natural colours and the fine tip you really can’t mess up, making your brows so quick and easy to do.
So that is my top 5 beauty products. Thank you for reading and I would love to know any of your holy grail products that you always repurchase!