Starting a blog is something I have wanted to do for the longest of times! I almost started one once but never quite wrote a first post, I was always a bit too timid and scared but now I’m feeling like what the heck! and am super excited to be writing about what I love, hopefully to people that love it too so I no longer have to bore my boyfriend, family and friends about paint, pottery and pancakes.
For my first post I thought I would kick it off with a simple 10 facts about me so we can start to get to know each other, so here goes!
1) Christmas is my absolutely favourite time of year, sat here right now I couldn’t care less about the ‘summer’ (quotations as I live in England where its rained almost everyday this month). I’m all about winter, being cosy, fires, christmas trees, decorations, mince pies, films, I could go on and on but basically I’m Christmas’ no.1 fan and I couldn’t be more excited already.
2) I’m a granny. Not in the literal sense but in my heart I know I’m a 70 year old trapped in a young persons body. I love being at home, being comfy and cosy and tea (hence the blog name). I hate going out, especially at night time, I don’t drink and I’ve never even been in a night club.
3) I have a complete sweet tooth, hence why there will be multiple sugar and chocolate focused recipes on here. Sweet over savoury any day!
4) I collect Emma Bridgewater pottery and I love it! I have been collecting for just over a year now, have been fortunate to visit the factory twice and have something like 200 pieces (eek!)
5) I love interior design and want that to be my future career.
6) I don’t listen to much music anymore but my favourite bands/artists are the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Taylor Swift.
7) I moved into our little town cottage early last year which used to be a pub, swiftly followed by my partner Toby. We have completely transformed it from a student digs/crack den to our lovely little home and we love it!
8) As well as pottery I also have a love for makeup! I love wearing bold lipsticks and MAC is my favourite.
9) I am obsessed with sausage dogs and I want a cream longhaired miniature dachshund. I am completely a dog person and love them so much, as soon as we have a garden we are 100000% going to become puppy parents.
10) I’ve moved around quite a lot and although I live in the south of England at the moment have lived in the Channel Islands and Dubai.
There you have it! 10 random little facts about me to get this going. Thank you for reading my first entry and check back for new posts soon 🙂